- Information Collected Online
- Information Collected on Pages Hollister Co. Has on Social Media Sites
- Using Information We Collect Online
- Information We Share With Third Parties
- Cookies and Advertising
- International Users
- Updating Personal Information in Your Account
- Privacy of Children
- Security Statement
- Supported Web Browsers
- Questions/Contact Us
INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE
1. GENERAL BROWSING
We collect general information about our visitors’ experience with our Websites and this general information is not connected to personally identifiable information about individual visitors. The information collected includes which pages our visitors are viewing on our Websites and whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites. It also includes information on the type of browser and service provider used. For visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, this includes technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear. All of this information helps us provide a better experience for our visitors by being able to determine such things as how to best format our mobile Websites for various devices, our most desired pages, products and features, how to best direct visitors to our Websites, and where there might be browser or service provider connection issues.
2. LOCATION INFORMATION
Our Websites provide features, such as a store locator service and the ability to check-in at our stores, if you have enabled the location-based services on your mobile devices. The features on our Websites that require determining your location may make use of the GPS information on your mobile device. Sometimes we use other information, such as your IP address or nearby wireless access points or cell phone tower locations, to roughly estimate where you are to provide you the feature on our Websites that requires understanding where you are located. If you use one of the features on our Websites that require locating you, we will collect and process your location data for this purpose. If you do not consent to or disable location-based services we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip code to find a nearby store; if you chose not to provide this information some features of the Websites may not be available.
3. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Categories of personally identifiable information collected online include name, address, gender, month and day of birth, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, payment card information, recipient’s name, address and email address, modeling information (including name, size stats, work information, and contact information), use of our Websites tied to one of these categories and any other information you choose to provide, including through your personal social media accounts, as described below.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU ALLOW US TO COLLECT FROM YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
To create an account on our Websites or to participate in certain features, our Websites may allow you to chose to let us access information from accounts you have created on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other similar sites (“Personal Social Media Accounts”). If you chose to allow us access to your Personal Social Media Accounts, Hollister Co. could collect some, and possible all, of the data in the Personal Social Media Account to which you grant access. Depending on the terms of the social media site, this information could include: your name, email address, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status, location. Once you grant this permission, Hollister Co. will be able to continue to be linked to the permitted Personal Social Media Account and collect information without a further request for permission, which could include later revisions to existing information or new types of information that you add. If you no longer want your Personal Social Media Account(s) linked to our Websites, click on the ‘disconnect’ link located on our Websites near the corresponding social media button and we will stop collecting this information. You may also be able to stop our ability to link to information in your Personal Social Media Account by following instructions provided on the applicable social media sites.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON PAGES HOLLISTER CO. HAS ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Personal information may be collected directly by Hollister Co. through our Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting the Hollister Co. Social Media Page.
The social media sites where Hollister Co. has Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Hollister Co. about your use of our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
USING INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
We use the information collected on our Websites to fulfill product orders; to fulfill your requests (such as contact us, click to chat, email a friend, coming soon product alert, wish list or a post card); to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties; to serve site content; to provide marketing communications regarding our products, services and promotions to you and to people in your account or your Club Cali program Membership (collectively “Membership”) address book; to administer our Hollister Club Cali program; to analyze your activity with us, including interaction with our Websites, the effectiveness of our advertising and your purchases; to personalize our communications to you; to respond to your inquiries; to update information maintained in your online Membership; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to develop our products, services, and Websites; and to consider you for employment. Hollister Co. uses the information collected on its Social Media Pages to send communications regarding our products, services, and promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to analyze your activity on our Social Media Pages and to develop our products and services. See the “Opt-Out” section below for the choices you have related to receiving marketing communications from us.
If you previously signed up for the original Club Cali, even though the program no longer exists, HollisterCo.com has retained your name, email address, and postal address for marketing purposes.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
If, when you provide us your email, you elect to share your email address with our affiliated companies (e.g., Abercrombie & Fitch and Gilly Hicks) so that they may send you promotional materials, we will share your email address with them. If you sign up to receive promotional text messages from any of our affiliated companies by providing your mobile phone number, we will share your mobile phone number with them. You can be assured that except for similar limited circumstances as specified below and also in their privacy policies, our affiliated companies will not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties.
We make the names and postal addresses in our postal mailing list, sometimes categorized by purchasing information, available to our affiliates (i.e., Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, and Gilly Hicks) and other unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes. See the “Opt-Out” section below for instructions on how to opt out of sharing with unaffiliated companies.
Please be aware that we may use third parties to assist us with our Websites, our e-commerce business and our Social Media Pages. Some examples of the assistance that may be provided by third party service providers are: fulfilling orders (including, but not limited to, processing payments, providing fraud prevention services, and verifying addresses); providing advertising services, including on social media sites and internet search engines; monitoring and analyzing site activity, your actions in response to emails and the effectiveness of our advertising; conducting surveys; administering and maintaining employment application information; administering and sending text messages and Notifications via a mobile device; offering interactive features on our App; and administering emails, our Hollister Club Cali program, promotions, sweepstakes or contests. Personal information you provide us may be shared, as necessary, directly with the relevant third parties to so carry out functions on our behalf. It is possible that some of these service providers will be located outside of the United States.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Websites, the Websites or the public.
If HollisterCo.com were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if it acquires another business entity or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and may also be retained by HollisterCo.com. Other than this acquisition, sale or reorganization, we do not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties.
COOKIES AND ADVERTISING
WHAT ARE COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS AND URL LINKS, AND HOW ARE THESE USED ON OUR WEBSITES OR IN OUR EMAILS?
Our Websites use, and our third party service providers may also use, Pixel Tags (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs, and Clear GIFs) on the Websites and in emails. A Pixel Tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Webpage or email message. Pixel Tags may be used to collect the same information about your visit that is collected through cookies, as noted above. We may also collect information about a search engine used, and a search engine advertisement clicked to navigate to the Websites. Pixel Tags in emails also help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails (including your interaction with your Websites as a result of receiving the email) and the time our email is viewed. This information helps us to make similar evaluations about our Websites and emails as with cookies and to determine the most desired features and information so that we can provide those features and information to you and personalize our interactions with you. This information may also be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you from your visits to our Websites.
In addition, our email communications to you may include a “click-through URL” linked to a particular page on one of our Websites. By clicking on one of the URLs, you will automatically enter one of our Websites and we may collect information related to the “click-through”. You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on the URL links in our email communications.
HOW DO THIRD PARTIES SERVE YOU OUR ADVERTISEMENTS?
We contract with third party advertising companies to serve you advertisements. Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties for marketing purposes. Some third parties may collect non-personally identifying information about you by placing cookies on your browser and/or using Pixel Tags when you visit our Websites. These advertising companies may use and share the information gathered about your visit to our Websites to deliver our ads on other websites that are a part of their online advertising networks and/or search engines. We receive aggregate information from these third parties to gauge our advertising effectiveness. To stop receiving ads from a third party advertising company we use, click on the link included in the advertisement and follow the instructions on opting out. We may use more than one third party company for advertising, which would require you to opt-out of each company through each of the advertisement links separately. If you would like more information about how third party advertising works in general and more information on how to opt-out, go to: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (you will leave this site for a centrally managed online site where you can specify your preference).
- Collection of Mobile Device Location Information Through our Mobile Sites and Apps. Your mobile device may allow you to disable location-based services on your device, which will prevent our Websites from accessing your mobile device location information. For specific questions regarding disabling your device’s location services, we recommend you review the specific instructions provided for your mobile device. Note that some features on our Websites, such as check-in, may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Notifications and Access to Data on Your Mobile Device. If you have provided consent and no longer wish to receive Notifications, or no longer want us to access the specific information on your device (e.g., photos, etc) for which you previously gave consent, you will need to adjust the settings on your mobile device. Please note, the process for changing settings on your mobile device may vary; to learn how to change these settings refer to the specific instructions provided for your mobile device.
- Email. You can choose the frequency at which you receive marketing emails or unsubscribe if you no longer want to receive marketing emails from Hollister Co., or our affiliated companies (like Abercrombie & Fitch or Gilly Hicks). To unsubscribe from Hollister Co. go to the unsubscribe page, or to unsubscribe from our affiliated companies if you created an account or are a member of the Club Cali program, go to the email and phone page within the “My Info” section of the Websites, click on “manage your marketing preferences”, and select the option to no longer receive emails in the dropdown menus for each brand, and press ‘SUBMIT.’ Please be aware, however, even if you request to limit the frequency you can receive marketing emails or to be removed from our email marketing list, you may still receive email confirmations for any orders placed on our Websites.
- Text Message Marketing. If you have signed up to receive text messages from Hollister Co., or any of our affiliated companies (for example, Abercrombie & Fitch or Gilly Hicks), but no longer wish to receive these messages, simply follow the opt-out instructions in the Texts Terms & Conditions for each brand. Or, if you created an account or are a member of the Club Cali program, go to the email and phone page within the “My Info” section of the Websites, click on “manage your marketing preferences”, and select the option to no longer receive text messages in the drop-down menu for each brand and press ‘SUBMIT.’ Please note, if you unsubscribe by sending a text or by going to the email and phone page within the “My Info” section of the Websites you may receive a reply message confirming that you have opted out of receiving text messages.
- Postal Marketing. If you no longer wish to receive other marketing materials from Hollister Co. via regular postal mail, please click Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and tell us to remove you from our postal mailing list and include the postal address you wish to have removed.
- Third-Party Postal Sharing. If you would like to make sure that we do not disclose your name and postal address to unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us atPrivacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and tell us you do not want your postal address shared with unaffiliated third parties, including the postal address.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT
If you have created an online account or become a member of the Club Cali program (collectively “Membership”) we prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your personal information, including your billing address, preferred shipping information, payment details, and contact information. Just sign in to your Membership with your email address and password, and you’ll see an overview page where you can update your information.
To request to have your account cancelled send an email to Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and include the email address of the account you wish to cancel.
For your convenience and enjoyment, our Websites may contain links to other websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We would urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.
Hollister Co. limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and Hollister Co. employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your payment card number via email.
In addition, we designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Websites. See “Supported Web Browsers” for more information. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
SUPPORTED WEB BROWSERS
HollisterCo.com supports the following Web browsers: Mozilla Firefox 3.6+, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+, Google Chrome 14.0+, and Apple Safari 5.0+. Additionally, some of the site content requires Adobe Flash Player 9.0 or later.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please email us atPrivacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com or contact us at:
Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc.
6301 Fitch Path
New Albany, Ohio 43054 USA